Guy Shelby and Ralph Benatar have been working on a few oldies from the 60s, 70s and 80s, which they are very familiar with. It was only natural that they decided to re-visit the disco era, when so many great songs illuminated our lives.
This is why they created a concept through a simple idea : Why not make a medley of 6 or 7 songs that would bring back so many memories, and at the same time let people dance on it ?
The result was amazingly well received by those who heard it. So Guy and Ralph have completed different medleys:
- Bee Gees Medley : Stayin’ Alive, How Deep Is Your Love, More Than A Woman, Night Fever, Jive Talkin’, Tragedy, You Should Be Dancing.
- Disco Lights Medley A : Dirty Ol’ Man, Funky Town, I love The Night Life, Hot Stuff, Under The Disco Lights, Boogie Wonderland, September, Celebration.
- Under The Disco Lights Medley B : Le Freak, Disco Inferno, Last Dance, Lets Groove, Do You Remember, Fame, Don’t Take Away The Music, You Should Be Dancing.
- Non-Stop Disco : some of the romantic side of disco, The Winner Takes It All, Heartbreaker, Never Can Say Goodbye, Could It Be Magic, Love Is In The Air, Shake your booty.
- Tina Turner’s medley : a medley of the diva of soul music’s great hits :
- Let’s stay together, What’s love got to do with it, Simply the best, I Can’t stand the rain, Nutbush city limits, Proud Mary.
- Disco F(or)Ever : Let’ all chant, Bad Girl, Fresh, I want your love, Ai no corrida, Working my way back to you, That’s the way I like it.
- Also a single and maxi-remix of “Let’s all Chant”, the well known 70′s hit by Michael Zager Band
- Last but not least … Sherry : A modern day version
A team of highly skilled professional singers and musicians : Natacha Wuyts, Magy Tyson, Tim De Meyer, Dexter Pallamy, Alexandra Mamacita, Nadine Madouce, Daddy Waku, Marie Ange Teuwen, Toto Poznantek, Marty Townsend, Patrick Deltenre, The Zola Brothers … and a studio with a great engineer Pietro Lacirignola were hired to do the job under Ralph Benatar’s skillful arrangements and Guy Shelby’s acute sense of production.